ALL CANADIANS PLEASE CANCEL YOUR NON ESSENTIAL TRAVEL – 11 February 2021Posted by cadadmin in CIC News, on February 11, 2021
We strongly advise Canadians to cancel or postpone non-essential travel plans outside of Canada. Now is not the time to travel.
People who travel by air for non-essential reasons, such as vacation, will face new measures and expenses when they return to Canada.
Travellers must still provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours before their scheduled departure time. In the near future, travellers will also be required to:
- take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival in Canada
- stay in a hotel for 3 nights while they await the results of the COVID-19 molecular test they received on arrival
- pay for their hotel, as well as all associated costs for food, cleaning and security
Travellers will still be required to complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
All hotels will be located near one of the 4 Canadian airports currently accepting international flights:
- Vancouver International Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Montreal-Trudeau International Airport
A full list of hotels will be available shortly.