New Quebec Pilot Program For Food Production Workers Now Open For Applications – 24 March 2021 to 31 October 2021Posted by Info Staff in CIC News, on March 24, 2021
This program is for those working in food or beverage production in Quebec.
Among the occupations covered by the program are those with the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes and descriptions:
- 6732 – Specialized cleaners
- 8431 – General farm workers
- 9461 – Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing
- 9462 – Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
- 9463 – Fish and seafood plant workers
- 9617 – Labourers in food and beverage processing
- 9618 – Labourers in fish and seafood processing
This pilot program requires that applicants:
- Have accumulated at least two years of experience in the last three years in either the food or beverage production industry.
- Currently work full-time in either of those sectors in Quebec.
- Have a level 7 proficiency in French as measured by the Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence en français des personnes immigrantes adultes.
- Have at least a high school diploma (DES) or diploma of vocational studies (DEP).