UPDATE on Work permits-under the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker PilotPosted by Info Staff in CIC News, on May 11, 2022
The instructions on work permits under the caregiver pathways have been updated. The instructions have been reformatted to put the Eligibility section at the top for easier reference by officers.
In addition, to provide officers with detailed guidance on processing caregiver applications under the two pilots, the following new sections were added in the instruction related to the occupation-restricted open work permit:
- Note: The eligibility criteria have not changed. The guidance was reviewed to add clarity.
- Receipt of work permit applications
- Processing work permit applications
- Note: Guidance has changed for the NOC description, intended occupation, conditions and user remarks under Work permit issuance in the Global Case Management System (GCMS).
- Spouses or common-law partners and dependants
The caregiver temporary residence programs comparison table has been updated: the special program code for caregivers applying for a labour market impact assessment-required work permit under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program was corrected to LSP instead of LCP. Information about family members was removed.