Want to call your spouse to Canada? It just got easier than ever, read how!Posted by cadadmin in CIC News, on November 19, 2020
IRCC gives good news to the ones who are looking forward to sponsor their wife, husband, or partner to come to Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will make up to the slowdown caused by the Covid-19 and will process more spousal visa applications.
Before pandemic, Canada aimed at welcoming 70,000 new immigrants under the Spouse, Partners & Children category. But with the new 2021-2023 Immigration Levels Plan, the new target for spousal immigration will be 80,000 per years, moving forward.
The ones welcomed under this category are wives, husbands and partners of the Canadian citizens and permanent residents who will sponsor them.
Coronavirus pandemic has slowed down all the immigration processing & admissions, however, IRCC made a big announcement in end of September that they will expedite up to 6,000 spousal applications per month from September to December 2020.
IRCC spousal sponsorship processing has doubled recently.
Data given by IRCC to CIC News shows that the number of spousal sponsorship applications that have been finalized by IRCC in September 2020 have doubled compared with July.
IRCC finalized and decided upon just over 4,000 applications in September, whereas it was just under 2,000 in July.
The number of in-land applications finalized rose to nearly 2,000 in September in comparison to nearly 1,200 in July.
The major growth of the applications came from overseas. Looking at the September announcement by IRCC, applicants should expect even higher levels getting final results for the rest of the 2020.
Eligibility requirements to sponsor your wife, husband, or partner
Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner:
- The sponsor should be minimum 18 years old and prove that they do not receive the social assistance from the Government other than for a disability.
- Sponsor must be able to meet the financial needs of the spouse or partner.
- Canadian citizens overseas must prove that they are planning to go back to Canada to be with the person they are sponsoring.
- Spouses must be legally married to you and at least 18 years old.
- Common-law partners must be at least 18 years old and have lived with you for a minimum of 12 consecutive months.
- Conjugal partners must be 18 years old at least, have been in a relationship with you for a minimum of 12 consecutive months, reside outside of Canada, and are unable to live with you in their country or marry you due to significant obstacles (e.g., same-sex marriage is not allowed in their country).
Contact us now for sponsoring your spouse or partner to come to Canada.
We are immigration experts based in Brampton (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario and specialize in all immigration categories. We will get you the best service.
So call us on +1-289-802-5048.