CANADA OPENS IT’S BORDER TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS- 20 OCT 2020Posted by cadadmin in CIC News, on October 22, 2020
Good news to students who have a valid study permit for Canada in 2020. All those who are enrolled in Covid ready Designated Learning Institution, will be allowed to come and join their classes from October 20th, 2020 onwards.
All the educational institutions have been working to prepare for students to come to the campus and study. The college authorities have been planning and now implementing health and safety protocols as per the guidelines of their respective provincial healthy authority. The doors to education are open now, and this is a testament on how well the Canadian Government is handling the pandemic.
Once onshore, all the international students will require to do self isolation for 14 days before entering their campuses. However, IRCC has advised on making sure all the necessary requirements and steps have been taken care of before landing in Canada.
What is needed at Border Services as an International Student?
- a valid study permit, or
- a port of entry letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit, if you are coming from the USA, or
- a port of entry letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020, if you are from any other country
Questions that may be asked at the Immigration:
- Why are you travelling to Canada?
- Will you be able to complete a 14-day quarantine period as soon as you arrive at your final destination?
- Do you have time to complete your quarantine before you physically attend classes, or
- Can study online during your quarantine?
Covid has caused a little delay in the processing of study permits and thus, are not being processed at usual processing time. In order to ensure that everyone’s applications are processed the IRCC has temporarily changed the application process.
- All the applications for a study permit will be done online.
- International students are asked to supply as many documents as possible along with a letter of explanation for missing documents. But complete applications will be processes first.
Therefore make sure you present a complete application to avoid any delays.
To file an application for a study permit, ask the experts. We at CAD will make sure your student visa needs are catered to from the start till you land in Canada.